Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Walt as in Whitman

During the 1800's born was a man named Walt Whitman, who was a journalist. He liked to create poetry which was said to be influenced by music. Walt's type of poetry was like no other but a unique spin which was called “freelance journalism”. When it came to writing his poetry I believe you would categorize him as a Realist because he chooses to take life situations and creatively twist them; not only that but he takes his own life and puts them in his poetry.
Favorite Poem: Song of the Open Road
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune, I myself am good-fortune, Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing, Done with indoor complaints, libraries, querulous criticisms, Strong and content I travel the open road.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment